Chronicle looks to be remarkable new iPad app designed by teachers to help teachers implement best practices in their classrooms. Chronicle is an all-in-one tool that teachers can use for classroom management, grading, assessing, and so much more. It is pretty clear that classroom teachers created this app. It is kinda pricey in the scheme of ipad apps, but look what it does and you will likely believe it is worth the price, especially if you don’t have a an LMS to use like Canvas or even Blackboard, Chronicle might just be worth your 20 bucks. It is certainly worth a look at their Youtube Channel to see how it works. They do an excellent job of show you all its possibilities so you can make an informed decision.
Created by husband and wife teachers, Chronicle can be used to drive instructional decisions, provide valuable feedback, and communicate student growth and needs through the accumulation of rich, informative student data.
Chronicle is ideal for Reading and Writing Workshop but can be used in any subject to:
• efficiently take customizable notes (conferring notes or observational notes) and apply them
to individuals and small groups.
• capture photo, video, and/or audio notes.
• track formative assessments of learning objectives, learning behaviors, or social behaviors
using a unique Traffic Light design.
• create digital student portfolios by designating any note (text, photo, video, and audio) as an
• align teaching with the Common Core Standards (*importing of these standards is optional).
• record and track student progress using an integrated and multifaceted grade book.
• view and share data in a variety of ways.
• promote school-wide collaboration by securely passing data from one year’s teacher to the next.
• keep data safe (capable of being password protected, and data can be backed up and restored via iCloud and Dropbox).
Check out their website to learn more: http://www.powerhouseed.com/home
The Trailer Overview:
Check out the tutorial: (Very detailed). Their Youtube channel has more tutorials.