Larry Ferlazzo has a great list to help all of us with the voluntary reading issue. I am sure you will find a resource you can use.
“Extensive reading (also known as Sustained Silent Reading or Free Voluntary Reading), the idea of having students read text of their own choosing without necessarily having to do book reports, etc, is an important instructional strategy that many of use. Its academic benefit has been widely documented, especially by Stephen Krashen.
I thought it would be useful to pull together some of research that backs-up its effectiveness.
Here are my choices for The Best Resources Documenting The Effectiveness of Free Voluntary Reading:”
- Google Advanced Search: Choose reading levels!
- Thinkfinity: FREE comprehensive teaching and learning resources
- Resources to help Infuse the Arts into the Curriculum
- Lit2Go: FREE-huge selection of audiobooks and more
- Learning to READ: ONline resources
- What a Suprise!!!(LOL) Training helps teachers to improve effectiveness of laptop initiative
- Gotta Keep Reading – flash mob dance to promote reading
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.