Larry Ferlazzo, an amazing high school teacher in Sacramento, CA. His blog Websites of the Day , really hits the nail on the head. And I’d say I agree, Bill Gates is clueless on this topic for sure.
Every education needs to read this post today. Wow!
“It’s truly amazing to me that a person as smart as Bill Gates can be as clueless as he is about education. It appears that the Arrogance Of Bill Gates is going to be a running series in this blog. Today, he really out-did himself in The Washington Post.
My Teacher Leaders Network colleague Kenneth Bernstein has already offered an eloquent response, so I’m not going to write a lengthy post here. (Stephen Krashen has also posted a response).”
I would, however, like to point out a few things. CLICK HERE to read Larry’s comments.
And here is an article by Gary Stager: Who elected Bill Gates:
- Teachers Interviewing Teachers – Reflective Practice by Richard Bryne
- URGENT Tell Congress to Preserve EETT Funding in the FY11 Budget
- Gates Foundation launches $20 million program to expand technology use
- It is WORLD TEACHERS DAY, did you know that?
- Are edubloggers too harsh on teachers?
- Gates Foundation to invest in next-generation instructional tools
- TRUST Our Classroom Teachers! Please!
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.