by Lisa of Simple K12
Are you a 21st Century Teacher?
1. You require your students to use a variety of sources for their research projects…and they cite blogs, podcasts, and interviews they’ve conducted via Skype.
2. Your students work on collaborative projects…with students in Australia.
3. You give weekly class updates to parents…via your blog.
4. Your students participate in class…by tweeting their questions and comments.
5. You ask your students to study and create reports on a controversial topic…and you grade their video submissions.
6. You prepare substitutes with detailed directions…via Podcasts.
7. You ask your students to do a character/historical person study…and they create mock social media profiles of their character.
8. Your students create a study guide…working together on a group wiki.
9. You share lesson plans with your teacher friends…from around the globe.
10. Your classroom budget is tight…but it doesn’t matter because there are so many free resources on the web you can use.
11. You realize the importance of professional development…and you read blogs, join online communities, and tweet for self development.
12. You take your students on a field trip to the Great Wall of China…and never leave your classroom.
13. Your students share stories of their summer vacation…through an online photo repository.
14. You visit the Louvre with your students…and don’t spend a dime.
15. You teach your students not to be bullies…or cyberbullies.
16. You make your students turn in their cell phones before class starts…because you plan on using them in class.
17. You require your students to summarize a recent chapter…and submit it to you via a text message.
18. You showcase your students’ original work…to the world.
19. You have your morning coffee…while checking your RSS feed.
20. You are reading this.
21. You tweet this page, blog about it, “like” it, or email it to someone else…
This is a great list Lisa has put together, so do you have anything to add?
- Win a $50,000 21st Century Classroom
- Unpack, Upgrade and Bring your Lesson into the 21st Century
- Become a 21st Century Teacher in just two hours
- 21 Signs You’re a 21st Century Teacher
- Welcome to the 21st Century Student Learning Example Page
- The Beginner’s Guide to 21st Century Teaching and Learning
- 21st Century Tools for Educators
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.