The following are what I believe are the rights of all student to have with regards to using technology as an educational tool, written as a student to their teacher:
1. I have the right to use my own technology at school. I should not be forced to leave my new technology at home to use (in most cases) out-of-date school technology. If I can afford it, let me use it…………….. Read the full Bill of Rights, CLICK HERE
As Brad says, it is a work in progress, but WoW, seems fairly complete to me. I will be sharing his blog in with my pre-service teachers the very first class period. I suspect this Bill of Rights would cause a huge amount of controversy in many school districts. How sad is that?
I applaud Brad for jumping out on that limb and leading the way. Sure do wish Brad was the tech director in all school districts. He clearly has a handle on what works and what we really should be doing. Kudos to Brad for his vision!!
- Twenty Everyday Ways to Model Technology Use for Students
- The Power of Student-Made Examples for Technology Integration
- Obama proposes new agency to promote educational technology
- Kindergarten students use technology in the classroom
- Digital Citizenship Includes Rights as Well as Responsibilities
- The Educational Technology Cost of Political Campaign Ads
- Students create “digital constitution” to govern technology use
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.