Learn more: http://www.haikudeck.com Download free for iPad: http://www.appstore.com/haikudeck See Haiku Decks created by students and teachers: http://pinterest.com/haikudeck/education-case-studies/ More tips for teachers: http://blog.haikudeck.com/teacher-appreciation/ Share your thoughts on an education-specific version of Haiku Deck: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/haikuedu
Download the latest version of Haiku Deck, try out all the cool new features, and set some new kinds of stories free! Our Gallery is bursting with beautiful decks created with Haiku Deck 2.0, and we wanted to share a few of our favorites with you. (Hot tip: you can now browse the Gallery right from the app! Learn more on our blog.)
In “Through the Noise,” Fenella Olynick uses short lists (and the striking Picaresque theme) effectively to deliver her “students matter, teachers care” message. (Learn more about creating lists on our blog.)
Created with Haiku Deck, the free presentation app for iPad
If you’ve experimented with solid-color slide backgrounds, you might have noticed that the palette of color choices has been expanded. We love mixing in solid-color slides to punctuate the flow of a presentation. Check out how Therese Beale uses them to make her message pop in “Message Gap: Three Clues You Have One.” (Learn how to select a solid-color background on our blog.)
In the Presentation Boot Camp we did with TruliaPro, we definitely appreciated the time-saving Copy Decks feature when we created this deck–which features five flexible “power templates”–and then published those templates separately. (Get a full recap of the webinar series, with links to all the templates and resources, on our blog. You’ll find stuff that’s super useful even if you’re not in real estate!)
Created with Haiku Deck, the free presentation app for iPad
When you’re using your own images, in-app cropping and resizing is a huge time saver. Look how beautifully Tercia Goh incorporated her Instagram photos in her gorgeous GlobalFootprints Travel Photography Project. (Find out more about image resizing on our blog.)
Created with Haiku Deck, the free presentation app for iPad
Charts and Graphs
And we just can’t resist including this one. In “Improving Teaching,” Haiku Deck Guru Chris Seal of Millfield School in Somerset, UK used this pie chart to illustrate which presentation tools his students preferred. (He also created a fantastic Haiku Deck school snapshot that showcases all the new chart styles beautifully.) You can learn more about creating charts and graphs on our blog.
Created with Haiku Deck, the free presentation app for iPad
Presentations are out – PowToon is in
PowToon is the brand new Do-It-Yourself animated presentation tool that supercharges your presentations and videos! Save massive amounts of time and money by creating Presentoons that bring the WOW!-factor to product demos, business presentations, social media clips, and much more.
• User-friendly, Intuitive interface
• Countless style, image, and effect combos
• Professional results, powerful responses
Capture the presenter’s notes, slides, images and video in real-time and all on your own device.
Highlight what is important to you, underline key phrases, mark / tag important items for later review, and send annotations to other connected devices.
Work together in groups of any size and on any device. Share annotations with the presenter and other connected devices. Create and join groups for collaborative learning.
Add written notes, post-its and references to any slide, image and video.
In presenter mode, use your tablet device to present from anywhere in the room, access and control your desktop, create collaborative groups, pass control to other participant’s devices and even view the screen of another connected device.
Save your work
Save out presentations, images, files and all your notes to review anywhere, anytime.
Send and receive private messages with the presenter and other connected devices while you work.
Any Device, any Platform
We believe that presenters and audiences should be able to connect no matter what device and platform they work on. That is why the DisplayNote application will work on any device (smartphone, tablet, Laptop etc.) and across all the major platforms including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
LectureTools is a student response system that also allows students to take notes linked with the slides and videos presented in class, answer instructor generated questions and pose questions to the instructor. All notes, questions and activities are instantly synchronized with the LectureTools web application.
Below is a list of some of the best free tools teachers and students can use to create awesome slideshow and presentations. I have already reviewed all of these tools and therefore attest to their usability.
here are three important questions that distinguish a Solve for X talk.
- Does it highlight a huge problem?
- Is there a concrete solution that could make a radical impact?
- Does it explain breakthrough science and technology that could enable this solution?
We hope our Solve for X speakers inspire people to work on solutions to seemingly insurmountable problems. We selected speakers who answered the three Solve for X questions particularly well or are finding a way to drive Solve for X thinking.
Most of the speakers are working hard on making their <x> a reality. Others are giving proposals for moonshot projects but have no current plans to tackle them. Perhaps you and a small team can build on these proposals and make them a reality.
Check it out: http://www.wesolveforx.com/
Apple sold more than 1 million copies of iPads in the first 3 months. This gadget is definitely more than just a larger version of iPhone or iPod touch. With 4x the screen of an iPhone, the iPad’s display is ideal for reading and for presentations.
In today’s post, we’d like to highlight some really useful iPad applications that might replace the things you do daily with your laptop or netbook. With a piece of iPad and these applications, you probably don’t need to carry a laptop around. Here are 30 useful iPad applications for Business and Presentation you might find handy on your next project pitch or business trip.
Full list after jump. Read the Full story, CLICK HERE
Knovio™ is an innovative tool for turning PowerPoint® slides into rich video presentations with just a web browser and webcam. With Knovio, you can take static PowerPoint slides to a new level with video and audio presentations that can be accessed anytime on-demand and shared with others through email and social media. Knovio was developed by KnowledgeVision, the company that makes KVStudio, a video presentation platform for businesses. For more information about Knovio, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
The word “Knovio” comes from a contraction between “Knowledge” and “Vision” as we thought it was very important to have a name that was similar to our already established company name. In Spanish, the word “novio” means boyfriend or love interest and we thought that Knovio would be something that people would love as they discovered how easy it was to create video presentations.
Its not your typical slideshow…
Add Youtube videos, images, links to images, text, and more to your slides!
No longer are you confined to expressing yourself with just static images or video.
Now combine things from all over the web. We’re adding more options all the time.
Share it, Embed it, and LET IT EXPLODE!
Want to give it a shot?
At its most basic level, Tripline is a way for you to tell a story by putting places on a map. That’s a very human activity that has been happening for thousands of years. It’s also a way for you to easily answer those questions we hear so often: Where are you guys going? When are you leaving? How was the trip? What did you do? – the kind of questions that photos don’t answer. And just like in the movies, the Tripline player gives you an animated line moving across the map with a soundtrack. That’s appropriate, because our journeys are our own epic tales of discovery and adventure. Press play and see for yourself.
And check out this example fo the Lewis & Clark Expedition. WOW!!
BigMarker provides fully-featured web conferencing solution for free to everyone. Here you can host web conferences with friends, family or colleagues, teach online training seminars to students, practice presentation skills, or broadcast events in real time – all free and unlimited! There are no trial period and no monthly fee.
- Share contents interactively
- Start meeting with anyone right away
- Get online instant access from anywhere
- Multipoint video conferencing
- Screen sharing
- Unique meeting room URL
- Stay public or remain private.
Zipcast is the new way to meet online. It’s free and simple. No downloads for anyone. Public when you want your ideas to spread. Private when it’s you and a colleague. Zipcast in 1 click
- Click Zipcast on any presentation
- Select Public or Private
- Start Zipcast & enable live video
- Invite friends on Facebook & Twitter
- Your Zipcast is ON
- Personalized meeting rooms
- Use any presentation: yours or someone else’s
- Streaming live video
- Group chat
- No downloads
- Unlimited meetings & participants
- Facebook & Twitter integration
- Private or Public
Simple, effective online collaboration Multi-user whiteboard, live audio, image collaboration, text-chat and more. Scribblar is FREE, Scribblar works in all browsers, No lengthy downloads required.
“Scribblar has benefitted us greatly in our K12 classrooms and at home in terms of collaborative learning.” Jim Hirsch Plano Independent School District
* Real-time multi-user whiteboard
* Image upload and download
* Text chat with userlist
* Crystal-clear live audio
* No user or session limits
Kinda of like an online bulletin board, poster board, and a blogging platform all in one. Reminds me just a little bit of Glogster. They refer to it as a blogging platform, but more visual than textual.
Kelly Tenkely, iLearn Technology blog does a great job of explaining the features and concepts of Magnoto, check out her blog post to learn more.
“How to integrate Magnoto into the classroom: For students with an email address, Magnoto can be used to create a flexible online space where students can create virtual posters, brainstorming boards, virtual project portfolios, and share learning with others. Students can work together on the same Magnoto space for group projects.”
Thanks Kelly for always sharing such amazing resources. Check out her full post, CLICK HERE
Similar tools (well sorta kinda…..)
Why use Prezi on the iPad? http://prezi.com/ipad/
* Show your prezis on a portable, lightweight device
* Put ideas at your fingertips by leveraging the iPad’s touchscreen experience
* Keep the focus on your prezi by avoiding the distractions of a browser environment
Kevin Honeycutt is always amazing, but watch the video below. It really rocks. Last Friday I was honor to do a presentation in the Theories of Teaching grad class in the Music Department. My first thought, wow, I had forgotten how much fun it is to teach grad students, they actually discuss things and have opinions and are truly interested in learning. Anyway it was so much fun.
In email today, Kevin sent me this video from part of a presentation he did at a recent conference. Take a look, it will blow you away and is really some food for thought!!
Conference Pad $4,99
Control a presentation on any number of iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches from your device, simultaneously and wirelessly over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Display it seamlessly on one or more external screens or projectors attached to any number of iPad and iPhone 4 devices.
Perfect for talking to a large auditorium without being stuck behind a lectern or for making a lasting impression with a high-tech, multi-iPad replacement for the traditional ‘Powerpoint and slide-printouts’ approach, Conference Pad frees you to travel light and present strong.
The controlling device – which may be an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad – allows any number of other devices to connect to it while it displays a PDF on its own screen and any connected display. The display is fully under *your* control; when you change pages, pinch to zoom and pan around, or tap-and-hold to activate the laser pointer, all other devices instantly do the same.
Conference Pad shows PDFs, which means that presentations in other forms must be converted for use. Fortunately, Conference Pad Loader, a free app for Mac OS X available from conferencepadapp.com, can use Keynote for Mac OS X to automatically convert Keynote and Powerpoint presentations to PDF before sending them wirelessly to Conference Pad on your device.
‣ Control a PDF from any device for display on any others which are running Conference Pad.
‣ Automatic display on external screens attached to an iPad or iPhone 4. Slides are still presented on the device’s own screen when an external display is attached. You’ll just need the appropriate cable, such as the Dock Connector to VGA Adapter cable from Apple.
‣ Zoom and pan within the screen with instantaneous speed and full clarity at all zoom levels
‣ Laser pointer’ by tapping and holding
‣ Bluetooth and Wi-Fi seamlessly supported
‣ Send files to Conference Pad either via iTunes’ App->File Sharing (Mac and Windows) or wirelessly via Conference Pad Loader (Mac only)
‣ Devices which connect for display will automatically retrieve the PDF as needed
‣ Universal binary; purchase once and use on all your iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches.
Richard Byrne of Free Technology 4 Teachers talked about this tool recently, so I just had to check it out. WOW!! It really is simple and you can create such great stuff with it. I think it will be my new friend for my online course site next semester. I just have a free account for now, but for $10 a year I get more storage space and no Ads. Sounds like a bargain.
Check out Simplebooklet: http://simplebooklet.com
A few other tools that let you create online flip books and magazines and eBooks.
- Issuu: http://issuu.com/ Online publishing, upload your document and create your online publication.
- Youblisher – http://www.youblisher.com Make your pdf documents flippable and quickly loading. It is like touching a real document.
- Booklet Creator - http://bookletcreator.com a simple tool that allows you to create a booklet from a PDF document. It reorders pages so that after printing and folding the pages, a small book is created.
- Yudu – http://www.yudu.com/ Self-publish eBooks, digital magazines, brochures, catalogs and other digital publications. Simply upload your PDFs and YUDU will create beautiful page-turning online publications that can be emailed or added to your website.
- ReadWriteThink Flipbook: http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/flipbook/ Not as fancy as the others, but works and it is from readwritethink.org.
Thanks to the American TESOL Institute, there will be conducting 6 free 30 minute online workshops on the Adobe Connect platform every Friday at 4pm EST (New York Time), 9pm London Time, 8pm GMT:
- Digital Storytelling with Young Learners, Oct. 22nd
- Here are the digital storytelling wiki resources that accompany this presentation!
- Mobile Motivation: Getting Your Students to Learn English Using their Smart Phones, Oct. 29th
- Check out this post, Mobile Motivation: 17 Digital Storytelling and Literacy Apps and Resources for Kids
- Check out this post, Texting and Teachers Experimenting with Technology
- Using Wikis to Integrate Effective Online Tasks for Learners, Nov. 5th
- Here are the wiki resources that accompany this presentation!
- Cooperative Learning to Motivate & Effectively Manage Young Learners, Nov. 12th
- Check out this post, Cooperative Learning vs. Competition
- Enriching the Young Learner Classroom with Drama Tasks, Nov. 17th
- Using Graphic Organizers to Enrich Discussion, Nov. 26th
Check your time zone here! This is the Adobe Room to join at 4pm EST http://americantesol.adobeconnect.com/terrell/. I will be updating this page with the wiki and blog resources I prepare for each presentation so bookmark and visit this website every Saturday for the latest updates.
YawnBuster Training Games Pack is a boon for trainers, managers, instructors and teachers. This brand new addition ensures learners are trained in a fun-filled and engaging environment. You can easily customize and add the group activities to your PowerPoint slides. Reinforce core concepts being taught in sessions, stimulate interaction, energize sessions and more!
The Training Games Pack includes:
- Answer or Deal : Test knowledge and confidence of your audience/learners.
- Grader Game Show : Check audience knowledge to a sufficient depth in a session on multiple topics. Help your audience to attempt questions with help lines or hints.
- Letter Pool : Make list building fun for learners with interesting Letter Pool game. The scrambled alphabets keeps learners engaged whilst searching for the correct answers.
- Hangman : Motivate groups with this activity. Make your audience recall complex terms and reinforce main points discussed in a session.
- Treasure Hunt : Generate excitement with Treasure Hunt. Make learners play the Treasure Hunt game based on interesting question/answer sessions.
- Million Dollar Quiz : Design a quiz that follows a fun and engaging format which is effective as a knowledge check at various levels. It is also useful to test a learner’s grasping power.
Download your FREE trial: http://www.yawnbuster.com/index.html
Subscribe Via Email
DetailsI am a faculty member and the Education Technology Integration Coordinator for the College of Education at KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY. To learn more, click on About Cyndi. Check out my website: http://theedtechplace.info.
Celebrate Kansas Voices
Steve Jobs 1955-2011
- 1:1 Laptops/iPads(14)
- 9/11 rememberance(4)
- 21st Century Skills(14)
- App Development(4)
- Bill Gates(5)
- Brad Flickinger(10)
- Cell phones(5)
- Common Core Standards(12)
- Digital Citizenship(9)
- Digital Storytelling(55)
- Education Change(5)
- Education Reform(4)
- fine arts(32)
- Flipped Classroom(6)
- Foreign Language(4)
- Google Chrome(7)
- Google Docs(5)
- Google Earth(6)
- Google Forms(8)
- How To(4)
- iBooks Author(30)
- Idea Paint(4)
- Interactive Whiteboards(9)
- Internet safety(37)
- IOS 5(7)
- iPad Cases(6)
- iPad Summit(4)
- iPod Touch(148)
- iTunes U(4)
- Language Arts(10)
- Larry Ferlazzo(11)
- Lesson Plans(20)
- Mac Quick Tips(17)
- Make Use OF(4)
- mobile computing(10)
- Mountain Lion(7)
- Online Schools(4)
- Project Based(4)
- QR Codes(8)
- Quick Tips(4)
- School Administration(4)
- Social Networking(106)
- Social Studies(73)
- staff development(64)
- Steve Jobs(5)
- Technology Integration(57)
- Text Messaging(8)
- Tips & Tricks(5)
- Virtual Field Trips(4)
- Wesley Fryer(16)