STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) gets lots of love these days, though there is an increasing number of educators that are starting to embrace STEAM too (the A is for Arts). After all, if you ask any engineer or technologist about their work, they will tell you that an ability to think creatively is an important part of their profession. Here are some tools to “STEAMify” your instruction.
- Kodable – Get 30% off a Kodable School Plan when you request a quote for your school today. KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER!
- Robo Maths Age 3-6 – Help a robot solve math problems to navigate a maze and rescue kittens in this game for young learners.
- My Incredible Body – Take a trip through an interactive, animated, 3D tour of the body’s skeleton, muscles, organs, nerves, and blood vessels.
- Notezilla – Practice reading sheet music by listening to a song and watching its notes in sync on the screen.
- Make It @ Your Library – Create a makerspace with this series of how-to guides from Instructables that have been curated by librarians.
Want more? Check out these collections of tools created by members like you.
- STEaM Tools – Curated by technology teacher and integrationist Leslie Whittington.
- Maker/Coding Apps – Curated by technology coach Elizabeth Espinoza.
Enjoy these great tools for educators!
- Mike Lee, Co-founder of edshelf